With mid-term now well behind us, we want to bring some important UTS related dates to your attention:
- The last day to schedule a tutor will be Tuesday, April 30th
- The last day for tutoring sessions will be Wednesday, May 1st
- The SLC Finals Learning Tune-Up will be on Wednesday, May 1st from 12-4, Library 421 AND Thursday, May 2nd from 9 am - 3 pm. UTS tutors will be available in specific subjects (TBA).
For any additional questions, or to find out about course availability for tutoring, email email@example.com .
- In-Person and On-line sessions continue to be available. Scheduling a session is as close as your laptop! 1) Appointment based sessions will be scheduled by students via their TutorTrac account, and sessions will also be one-time-only in status. This will help eliminate frequent "Missed and Canceled" appointments and allow students to attend on an "as needed" basis. This will also require students who want consecutive weekly sessions to actively schedule each one as desired. Lab managers and tutors will introduce this process and guide students through the scheduling procedures in the UTS lab throughout this first semester. 2) In addition to in-person sessions held in the UTS Lab, all tutor will offer at least 2 hours of online tutoring options via the Appstate supported ZOOM interface. This software has been piloted at Appstate for several years now and has proven to be a stable and easy-to-use interface for remote meetings. Lab Managers or tutors will also guide students in how to connect online for their sessions, and the software can be easily accessible from a laptop, iPad type device, and works very well on the ZOOM Application for smartphones also. To schedule, go to: Schedule A Tutor
- Weather Closing Notices - Even with winter weather on the wane, hazards can present via weather of a different nature as the seasons change. Please be aware that all Student Learning Center tutoring services abide by Appalachian weather closure policies, and services will be canceled or delayed accordingly in the event of such University safety-related decisions.