The Student Learning Center supports Appalachian students in Math, Physics, Business Math, and Computer Science. Come to drop-in tutoring to ask questions of our tutors and to study with other students taking similar courses. No appointment needed!
Spring 2022 Hours and Closures
- Drop-in tutoring will resume for the spring 2022 semester on Tuesday, January 18th, 2022
- No drop-in tutoring will be available Sunday, March 6th-Sunday, March 13th or Thursday, April 14th-Sunday, April 17th
- Drop-in tutoring will end on the last day of classes, Wednesday, April 27th
|Math||Sunday-Thursday 4-7pm, 208 D.D. Dougherty, Zoom from 8-10 pm|
|Physics||Sunday-Wednesday 5-7pm, 208 D.D. Dougherty|
|Business Math||Monday & Wednesday 5-7pm, 208 D.D. Dougherty|
|Computer Science||Sunday-Wednesday 6-8 pm, 309 Anne Belk Hall and on Zoom|
|Chemistry||Times vary; consult this link|
|Academic Skill Building (CASH)||143 D.D. Dougherty, Sundays 5-6 pm; Mondays 4-5 pm, 6-7 pm; Tuesdays 5-7 pm, Wednesdays 4-5 pm; 5pm via Zoom: https://appstate.zoom.us/j/5226339115|
Expanded Drop-In Tutoring schedules are at the bottom of this webpage.
- Bring your course materials (textbook, notes, calculator, etc)
- Ask tutors for help after you have tried to solve the problem on your own
- Be prepared to share your work with the tutor
- Uphold the University’s academic integrity policies at all time
Violations will result in losing your privilege to use SLC services
About Your Tutor
- Tutors are...
- Undergraduate students at Appalachian
- Approved by the academic department relative to your course
- Trained in learning skills and has demonstrated proficiency in these areas
- Either pursuing or currently certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA)
For assistance, call 828-262-2291 or email us at email@example.com