Students are eligible for services from Student Support Services if they meet the criteria listed below:
- a first generation college student (neither parent nor guardian has received a Bachelor's degree).
- low family income (need to meet federal income guidelines).
- if you meet the above criteria and have a documented learning or physical disability.
The Student Support Services Program is a federally funded program through the Department of Education. We are required to have on file certain information about our students. This information includes family income and educational status. Therefore, it is very important that you complete the following information and submit to Student Support Services as soon as possible. The information will be held in strict professional confidence and will be used to meet the program guidelines imposed by the Department of Education. THIS SUBMISSION MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COPY OF YOUR PARENT'S 2018 TAX RETURN WITH THE STUDENT'S NAME LISTED ON THE RETURN. You may fax this copy to (attn:) Cathia Silver / fax 828 262-6834, you may mail it in to the following address:
Student Support Services
Room 224 D.D. Dougherty
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
If you have any questions, please call 828-262-2291 and ask to speak with Cathia Silver, Director of Student Support Services.
1) Reminder: Please make sure you mail or fax the required Income documentation as described above
2) First Generation Criteria (Required information regarding parent levels of educational achievement)
Click here to download a fillable PDF to fill out, print, sign, and mail or fax.