Welcome back, students!
Now is the time to begin thinking about how you are managing your time and creating habits that lead to success.
Our staff at the Student Learning Center have the following suggestions:
- Fill out a Semester Plan with all of your due dates.
- Once you have your course syllabi, put all of your deadlines in one place. The linked handout is a semester-at-a-glance and can be useful for identifying those busy weeks ahead of time.
- You can also add the official academic deadlines to your Google calendar by following the directions at this link.
- Set goals short-term, mid-range, and long-term goals to give you focus and direction.
- To-do list (PDF)- Short-term goals for this week/today; Create daily, weekly, monthly to-do lists as well as year-long goals. Refer to the big ones once a week, and create/update a fresh daily list at the start of each day/week.
- Goal-setting sheet (PDF)- Midterm/long-range goals; You may realize that you are not pursuing a goal because it just isn't that important to you. That can be helpful to realize, too.
- Reverse planning worksheet- Whittle away at tasks--don't expect yourself to do everything at once. Make a plan to complete a project in small chunks, ensuring timely completion with reduced pressure/stress.
Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to time management. Find the system that works for you and then USE IT!
If you would like to learn more about strategies that can help you be successful, request an individual consultation with a learning specialist. We are here to help you!